Sunday, August 23, 2009

Omagari Fire Works










These are pictures from Morioka and the Omagari fireworks festival. The top three pictures are from Morioka. I don't know the significance of the statue. I do wonder how they got it did an artist come to them and say I want to build a statue of a dog, but not just a dog a king dog, but not just a king dog a king dog in a scoop of ice cream. Oh yeah and all that will be in a coffee cup. Brilliant! The top fire work pictures are a tease Samantha is editing a video of the fireworks that she took. They had a type of fireworks that I have never heard of called day time fireworks. They were really smokey and would release parachutes that trailed colored smoke. Some of the parachutes like the one above said things. The one in the picture says Omagari fireworks. In Japanese fireworks is Hanabi or flower fire. So check back in the next few days for a video of the fireworks and a more detailed post about the fire works from Samantha.

Just got finished teaching Kindergarten. I was really nervous to teach my first class. All foreign English teachers taught together. Claire who has been here a year planned the lesson and we all helped. We taught them to say "I'm (your name)." Then we did a game where they would play rock, paper, scissors and then the winner would say, "hello how are you?" Then the loser would say how they were. The most popular answers were I'm happy and I'm hungry. Of course some kids got confused and said I'm and their name. They were a lot of fun we taught 6 and 3 years old. Claire used a mix of English and Japanese with kids and it worked really well. They were excited to meet us and try and learn English.

No comments:

Post a Comment