Monday, August 10, 2009

Meeting the Mayor

Today they surprised Stephanie and I and had us meet the mayor of Ichinohe. First, after a whole day of not really having any work to do Sugosawa, our boss called, and told us to come to him office to meet the mayor. So we head down there and half way to his office he stops us and says that we will meet the mayor in half an hour not right then. So we walk back to our office. As soon as we get there Sugosawa calls and says to come to his office to meet the mayor now instead of in half an hour. So we go to his office and then up to the mayor's office. We were both really nervous about having to meet the most important person in Ichinohe and do self introductions. However, they never really had us do them. Sugosawa said who were, where we were from, and who we were replacing. Then the mayor asked if we had graduated college and I told him my major and minor. Then they talked rapidly about us in Japanese for a few minutes and after that Sugosawa started to talk about the fact I was married. He asked if I had been married when I applied and I said no only engaged. Apparently it was a bit of a surprise to them on the paper work for visas that I was married. The mayor confirmed that Samantha would be living with me in Ichinohe then in English he said. The he wanted us to make baby in Ichinohe. Not just one many babies. 3 or 4 babies. Which cracked up Stephanie and since it was in English she understood and can now laugh about forever. They also got on lock down that while Stephanie played the Bassoon she didn't bring on with her.

All in all meeting the mayor was not as bad as it could be and now I have a decent story about meeting the town mayor. As soon as we got back to our office we both started to write about meeting the mayor. I'm glad we now have meet everyone important except the teachers at the schools we are going to and any of our students. So, there are many more scary and probably humerus self introductions to come.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I just got this far, OHeheheheheheh heh. Truly hilarious, Caleb, I salute you.

    ReplyDelete