Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's a nightmare

How do I say this...

I'm not on my flight.
It is not my fault.
I'm equal parts angry and terrified.

Orbitz didn't fix my ticket the way they said they would. As a result, the airline's computer said that I had an unpaid ticket. Orbitz swore that the ticket was fixed. I had to watch a clock tick by and know that my plane was leaving without me.

Basically, Orbitz has stated that it's my fault for not arriving even earlier than I was. They pawned me off on Air Canada. The representative from Air Canada was very nice and worked very hard to get me a new flight that wouldn't break my bank. That phone call was two hours long. It was an emotional roller coaster I hope to never board again.
The additional out-of-pocket expence yo-yo'ed from around $ 300 to $514 (and for a brief yet horrifying moment it hit $1,500). Remember this is even AFTER the $815 already paid for this ticket.

Eventually we got to a point where if I leave from Nashville tonight at about 6 PM and stay over in Vancouver overnight. I will arrive a day late, in Tokyo, for an extra expense of about $300. But nothing is sure yet. Air Canada is still working on it.

I'm trying desperately to contact Caleb to let him know of the circumstances but the number he gave me didn't have a city code on it, so that's a dead end.

I'm so shaken. I don't know what to do. I can't believe that this all went so bad so fast.

I want to scream but I really don't think that would make me feel better.


Hopefully I'll be back with some better news later on.
S.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! This is all because you had to change the name on your ticket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I had my married name on the ticket orginally. Then I realized that I couldn't change my passport in time. I called orbitz a MONTH in advance to fix this. I don't think I'll ever be working with them again.


    S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandy! I didn't realize it was you until I checked the old comments. Why the strange name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's shorthand for InsanityIsCrazy. I'm used to everyone else online using it. Sry.

    ReplyDelete