Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Funny Stuff

I have two funny stories that I would like to share from teaching recently. They will kind of give you a feel for what I get to do every day. We were teaching things like, where to, what to which to, when to, and how to. So I thought that it would be fun to do it about travel so I asked them about Morioka. Questions like, do you know how to get to Morioka or tell me where to eat in Morioka. Then I split the kids into groups and had them pick a place in the world to make question about it to ask me. So, I'm walking around the class and one kid walks up to me and goes, "Kentucky." "Does America have a Kentucky state?" When I say yes it does he runs to the map on the wall points at South America and asks me to show him where Kentucky is. When I correct him he then sees where the map says Phoenix and goes, "the state of Phoenix is where we should ask about."

In my next class they where trying to form sentences. A girl was filling out the paper and instead of writing My brother has a bike she wrote has my brother a dike. I tried to correct her and so she changed it to My brother has a dike.

1 comment: