Thursday, March 17, 2011

Earthquake 3

The town is still going about things as normally as they can. We are lucky that so much of our food comes from the farmers in the area. There is still plenty of vegetables and some home butchered meat coming in. Today the town ran out of one vital supply toilet paper. There is no more for sale in the town. Since there was only one role at my house I'm taking one home from work. This probably makes me the closest thing to a looter in the whole island. I know that this sound like a really trivial thing this close to a disaster and it is. There is strange feeling being this close to the tsunami zone and this far away. We are far enough away to be safe and to be unable to travel there on our own. Especially with the fuel shortage. However, we are close enough that we are running out of supplies so there is nothing to donate. To be honest I feel useless. There is so much that needs done and we cant do it.  Which makes me feel really guilty. I'm thankful to have come through safely and with only supply problems in my town. I just wish there was something I could really do for people. Because of how isolated my town has become we can't even give blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment