Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fishing

mean to complain about that in this post. While fishing is not usually my favorite activity it was nice to be out doing something just guys. I caught a fish in the first five minutes we were there. Not to sound like a fish story but at about 6 inches it was the biggest one all day. Today I went fishing in Hachinohe with some of my friends. I was the first time since coming here that I have done something the was just some guy time. It was really nice. With there being so few young people in town having friends close to my age has been tough. Oh well I didn'tYamabi caught a tiny fish next and then we had a dry spell for a few hours so we went to a different place. There were some other tinny fish caught but the real strange thin was the fugu (puffer fish). At the last place we went I caught a puffer. Then another puffer. Then Kawamura caught a puffer. Then I caught another puffer. Yamabi even caught a flat fish today. Before anyone worries we put the puffers back in and didn't even consider eating them. Sorry for the quality of the pictures they were from my cell phone.

The first fish I caught.
Yamabi's fish. A puffed up puffer fish.

2 comments:

  1. You got this post up real fast! Congrats on the fishies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like fun! What kind of bait did you guys use? We haven't made a lot of friends our age either here in the suburbs of Atlanta... so I guess it doesn't matter 'where' you live, but at this stage of life it takes more effort than in college when you had 'built in' friends living all around you. I guess having a kid will help us meet others with small kids though... little kids are kind of attracted towards each other so then the parents have to talk, ha. Anyways, hope you guys are doing great!! Any word of you guys returning to the states soon? Daniel just got back from Iraq, so we are relieved and happy. Can't wait to see him :)

    ReplyDelete