Monday, November 9, 2009

Images of Fall

Hey everybody!

It's been a while and for that I apologize. I thought I'd pop in and drop some photos I'd taken. These are mostly just odds and ends that caught my fancy.


First up we have my bike:

My bike is awesome. It has a basket so I don't have to lug groceries on my back and a bell so I can announce my presence to slow-moving pedestrians. Little one-speed bikes like this are called Maa Maa Cheri.

It only cost 3,000 Yen. ( About $30 US)











Next we have the little piggy pork buns.
















(Shown here are size reference piggy and dramatic lighting piggies)
I saw these at the store and snatched them up. For those of you that don't know pork buns consist of steamed dough wrapped around a little bit of delightfully seasoned pork. They're usually just round with a puckered top, but in this case they were adorable piggies. The color of the ears and nose were an indication of the type of filling. There was a piggy with blue ears and nose but I didn't get that one.

This here...

is denim wine. I never even bothered to call it by it's real name, which was conveniently in English. I bought it because it looked like it was wearing bottle-shaped blue jeans. ( You win again marketing) I lucked out. Inside this bottle was a red wine hearty as I could have ever wished for. C'mon admit it, you want to try Denim wine.


I was sorely disappointed this Halloween season to discover that Japanese pumpkins are small, green-skinned and hard. I had given up on carving, or even witnessing a genuine Jack-o-lantern this year when several shops around town displayed just that. I have no idea where they got the pumpkins. It was like magic. Most of them were pretty standard fare. Triangle eyes and a gap-toothed smile.




Some were a little more imaginative















This one was wearing reindeer antlers:



















The rest of these are just some shots of the fall colors. The orange tree grows outside of our backyard abandoned hospital.
-S.








No comments:

Post a Comment